A little late getting my tangle work up for this week, but here are a few tiles I have been working on.
First up, the Diva’s weekly challenge #224. This week she challenged us to do a monotangle using only Tipple. I started out with a zig-zag string and just went from there. Don’t forget to check out all the challenge responses from all the other tanglers!
Tipple Monotangle for the Diva’s weekly challenge #224
I also spent this week trying out a few new tangles. Here is a bijou tile I did with Abundies from Hanny Waldburger. I filled in the center using Lotus Pods, from Margaret Bremner.
Abundies with Lotus Pods
This last one was left from CZT20. We had been working on Paradox but had only done 2 of the triangles while at the seminar. I completed a full 6 and then decided to try out Olb after watching the new video from Helen Williams. I thought it transitioned pretty nicely from the Paradox.
Paradox and Olb
Thanks for looking. Hope all of you here in the states are having a great Independence Day, and those any where else are enjoying a bit of freedom and liberty where-ever you are!
Here’s my entry for the Earth Day challenge from the I Am The Diva blog.
For this one I was kind of playing with the concept of those earth cross section diagrams from my childhood text books.
Tangles this week include: Ennies, Paushalov, Cockles N Mussels, Poke Leaf, Fern, and Pop-cloud.
I hope you enjoy, and be sure to check out all the other great submissions over on the Diva’s page.
This week The Diva challenged us to create a Zentangle tile using our initials as the starting string. (The string is the starting pencil line(s) that guides the space for the tangles). So for me, that meant ‘AM’ as my starting string.
I chose to take 2 approaches for this one. The first is a monotangle of Paradox where I started with big block letters as my string. I spent most of this one looking at it sideways as I was drawing, and by the end, these started reminding me of bizarre bird faces. Do you ever start seeing things in your tangles that you didn’t intend?
On the second tile I used cursive letters for my string and used more organic tangles. This is my favored of the two. It is much more like the work I normally do, plus – no creepy birds staring out at me.
Be sure to check out all the other great tiles posted over on The Diva’s blog.
Love to hear your feedback…
This week the Diva’s challenge was to use the tangle Boo*Kee, created by the Diva herself, Laura Harris. It is a fun little tangle with lots a variations on how it can be used. You should definitely check out the links over on the Diva’s site to see what other people have done with it!
I have been using more color in my drawings lately, and this one really called out to me for it.
I had a lot of fun with this one. I hope you enjoy it!
A couple of new zentangle items for you today from a couple of different challenges.
The first is a monotangle, a design created using only one tangle pattern. I created this in response to The Bright Owl’s weekly zendala challenge. (A Zendala is a mandala made using the zentangle method.) Challenge 81 used a template made out of crescents. Purk has become a recent favorite of mine, especially for crescent shapes, so I decided to to use it for the entire zendala.
The second is a duotangle for the Diva’s weekly tangle challenge. This week she challenged us to use only the tangles Pea-Knuckle and Well.
I hope you enjoy and I would love to hear your thoughts.